Anyone has any ideas how I can improve my liver’s function? I’m on a medication plan which I cannot get off and it’s affecting my liver a bit too much. I have had poor skin condition in a year already no matter whichever expensive skin-care products I use.
P/s: I eat quite clean. Almost no fried food. No fast food/ soft drink (as I have never enjoyed them before.) Almost no sugar or any flavors added to my food or drink (I almost always eat salad without any toppings). Almost no dairy (I only drink almond/rice/soy milk and eat greek yogurts). A normal meal for me would be half a dish of some kinds of meat (often beef or chicken) and half a dish of veggies (cucumber/ leafy green/ tomatoes/ peas..). Oh and I eat no white rice, barely brown rice either. I eat whole-wheat bread a few times a week.
(for future reference)
Quotes that I keep as my life’s principles:
1. “My life extends far beyond the limitations of me” - Cloud Atlas
"Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it." - Haruki Murakami
(Putting these two together because I find them relevant to each other)
2. We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.
3. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” - Haruiki Murakami
4. "Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen" - Blair Wadolf
5. “All good things are worth waiting for” - Gossip Girl
6. “Spend your money on the things money can buy. Spend your time on the things money can’t buy.” - Haruki Murakami
(for future reference)
1. When feeling lost and confused, make a checklist.
2. “When things get rough, rest more.”
3. Learn from failure. Write down a specific plan of what I should do to improve. Accept failure as a sign that I’m actually doing something. The more I fail means the more I’m improving.
4. Do more career research. Read more news. Pay more attention to what’s happening out there.
5. In any case, don’t forget everything should come from the heart. Passion and friendship are what have helped me to get this far.